MassDOT Advisory: Chelsea Street Drawbridge
Saturday, October 13, and Sunday, October 14
Daytime closures of Chelsea Street Drawbridge for standard maintenance operation
BOSTON – The Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) has announced that due to standard maintenance operations, the Chelsea Street Drawbridge will be closed to all vehicular traffic from 6:00 a.m., to 2:00 p.m., on both Saturday, October 13, and Sunday, October 14. The Chelsea Street Drawbridge carries traffic on Chelsea Street over the Chelsea Creek between East Boston and Chelsea.
During these bridge closures, all traffic will be detoured around the bridge via McClellan Highway and Revere Beach Parkway:
For Southbound Travelers
- Take Eastern Avenue north
- Take Revere Beach Parkway east
- Take McClellan Highway south
For Northbound Travelers
- Take McClellan Highway north
- Take Revere Beach Parkway west
MassDOT encourages drivers to avoid the area and seek alternate routes to minimize delays. Those traveling through the area should expect delays, reduce speed, and use caution. Appropriate signage will be present to guide traffic to the detour routes. These operations are weather dependent and subject to change without notice.
For more information on traffic conditions, travelers are also encouraged to:
- Dial 511 and select a route to hear real–time conditions.
- Visit www.mass511.com, a website which provides real-time traffic and incident advisory information and allows users to subscribe to text and email alerts for traffic conditions.
- Follow MassDOT on Twitter @MassDOT to receive regular updates on road and traffic conditions.
- Download MassDOT’s GoTime mobile app and view real-time traffic conditions before setting out on the road.