Street Closures & One Way Traffic. As of December 8, 2023 at 08:25 a.m., the CPD reports the following road closure updates:
Traffic Advisories & Parking Restrictions (as of 12/6/2023)
- Eleanor St closed from Clark Ave to Broadway
- Broadway from Crescent Ave to Cabot St (1 Direction)
- Burma Rd closed from Normandy Rd to Exeter St
- Traffic Advisory: Fourth Street Exit Ramp Overnight Closure
Starting tomorrow, December 7, until December 12, the Fourth St. Exit Ramp will be temporarily closed from 7 pm to 5 am due to undergoing construction on the Tobin Bridge. Questions? Contact the Tobin Bridge Field Office at 857-776-6120.
- Franklin Avenue Staircase: Residents should be advised that the Franklin Avenue Stairs will be closed for public use starting Monday July 17th approximately through the first week of November. Residents are encouraged to seek alternate routes to avoid staircase closure. A no parking order will be in effect for areas immediately adjacent to the stairs during working hours of 6 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday, starting July 17th until approximately the first week of September. Additional impacts to residents include pedestrian detours around the working space between July 17th and the first week of September. No impacts to vehicular traffic are anticipated at this time. Police details will be present onsite during working hours to manage pedestrian and vehicular traffic around the work space.
- National Grid Addison St and Orange St Gas Utility Project: National Grid is working on Carmel Street between Orange St and Addison St. Construction work is expected to continue into Addison Street between Carmel St and Spruce St before jumping over to Addison Street between Caramel St and Carter St.
The work takes place from 7:00 am-4:00 pm from Monday to Saturday and will continue into September. Police details will be on-site during the duration of this work. Roads will continue to be open to residents only, but parking may be limited in the area. Questions about the project can be directed to National Grid Customer Service at 1-800-233-5325.
- Upper Broadway Drainage and Surface Project: Construction on Broadway between City Hall Avenue and The Chelsea Greenway. Construction work takes place from 7AM to 4PM daily, Monday thru Friday. On-street parking is prohibited during the times and dates posted on the construction signage distributed throughout work zone. Please carefully review all temporary No Parking signage. If specified on a sign, on-street parking is allowed once construction hours have finished. After work is completed on a respective street, construction signs will be removed and residents will be free to park in the available on-street parking spaces. Read more at www.chelseama.gov/upperbroadway