Assessing Department Overview:
Our mission is to provide fiscal stability by fairly and equitably determining the valuation of all real and personal property within the City of Chelsea.
The Assessing Department is responsible for the assessment and abatements of real estate and personal property taxes as well as the abatements of motor vehicle excise taxes. The office also handles personal exemptions, tax deferrals, deed references and maintenance of property record cards. Our office is available to answer any questions regarding these topics and will gladly direct you to the appropriate department for all other inquiries.
- FY 2018 Residential Tax Rate = $14.10
- FY 2018 Commercial/Industrial/Personal Property Tax Rate = $29.74
- Residential Exemption = $1584.68 in tax dollars that equates to $112,389 in assessed value
- FY 2017 Residential Tax Rate = $14.34
- FY 2017 Commercial/Industrial/Personal Property Tax Rate = $30.51
- Residential Exemption = $1373.69 in tax dollars and $95,794 in assessed value
|Mary Lou Ireland, MPA, MAA||Director of Assessing||(617) 466-4010|
|Marisol Nieves||Office Manager/Data Analyst||617-466-4011|