View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Tuesday Evening: 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am to 12:00 pm
How to Reach Us
The Department of Public Works (DPW) provides professional quality maintenance, repair and construction services while maintaining 44 miles of streets, 88 miles of sidewalks, 10 parks and playgrounds, public squares and Garden Cemetery. The DPW is also responsible for the ongoing maintenance of 11 municipal buildings, 61 miles of water mains, 40.5 miles of sewer mains, the Carter Street drain pumping station, nearly 90 vehicles and pieces of equipment, and the municipal fire alarm system.
The DPW also oversees the City's trash collection and disposal services, including curbside recycling, and is responsible for rapid response to all snow, ice and other inclement weather emergencies and conditions. The DPW also enforces water, sewer, and snow ordinances, grants petitions of location for utilities, and maintains engineering records and City maps. In addition, the DPW plays a significant role in the daily operation of other City departments in responding to requests for service. In particular, DPW works extensively with ISD and Planning and Development.
Whom to Call:
- Call (617) 466-4200 for General DPW information
- Call (617) 466-4240 (Customer Service) for information regarding trash pick-up, white good(s) and TV/Computer Monitor pick-up, to schedule water service turn off/turn on or information regarding your water bill.
- Call 1-800-Lights-On (1-800-544-4876) or click here to report a street light outage.
For Sewer and Water Emergencies call:
- M-F 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM; call (617) 466-4310
- Nights, Weekends & Holidays, call (617) 466-4662
|Bertram Taverna||Director of Public Works||(617) 466-4200|
|Andy DeSantis||Assistant Director||(617) 466-4206|
|Dragica Ivanis||Business Manager||(617) 466-4203|
|Mike Sandoval||Community Services Administrator||(617) 466-4207|
|Susan DeSantis||Administrative Assistant||(617) 466-4201|
|Lam Vu Son||Field Operations Manager||(617) 466-4302|
|Luis Cetina||City Yard Supervisor||(617) 466-4300|