Assessing Department Overview:
Our mission is to provide fiscal stability by fairly and equitably determining the valuation of all real and personal property within the City of Chelsea.
The Assessing Department is responsible for the assessment and abatements of real estate and personal property taxes as well as the abatements of motor vehicle excise taxes. The office also handles personal exemptions, tax deferrals, deed references and maintenance of property record cards. Our office is available to answer any questions regarding these topics and will galdly direct you to the appropriate department for all other inquiries.
- FY2017 Residential Tax Rate = $14.34
- FY2017 Commercial/Industrial/Personal Property Tax Rate = $30.51
- Residential Exemption = $1373.69 in tax dollars and $95,794 in assessed vlaue
- FY2016 Residential Tax Rate = $14.25
- FY2016 Commercial/Industrial/Personal Property Tax Rate = $32.25
- Residential Exemption = $938.94 in tax dollars or $65,891 in assessed value
|Mary Lou Ireland, MPA, MAA||Director of Assessing||(617) 466-4010|
|Christine Webb||Assistant Assessor||617-466-4012|
|Marisol Nieves||Office Personnel||617-466-4011|